OUTSIDE OPORTO CITY LIMITS - SIGHTSEEING RUNNING TOUR.
On this running tour we will cruise down the south margin of Douro and learn all about the intimate relationship of Porto with the city of Vila Nova de Gaia, across the river. From the Port Wine cellars to the fishermen village of Afurada we will have plenty of time to share some of the historic episodes and funny stories about all that divides and unites both margins. The turn around point is Cabedelo, after we pass by the modern Douro Marina, exactly when we reach the western limit of the protected Nature Reserve of Douro estuary, by the Atlantic ocean!
- Distance: ca. 12 km/ 6,2 miles;
- Flat easy route;
- Pace: Flexible;
- Estimated Duration: 1½ Hours;
- Price and Tour hours: please refer to our Booking page ;
- Type: Private, for you or your group only.
- 1 bottle of water p.p. (25cl);
- Digital photos &/or short video of you during the tour, sent later via email.
- Meeting Point: HOTEL lobby or APARTMENT front door (if located near this route; Preferably in Ribeira or Afurada distric)
This tour is child stroller and bicycle friendly! - If you have a young child (1 to 4 years old), you have the possibility to rent a child jogging(!) stroller or take your own. This tour is also bicycle friendly! - if your partner or friends are not that passionate about running, we can help you rent a bike.